An all-new 250cc Trail machine joins Honda's off road range this month, with the release of the CRF250F, available for an MLP of $6,499.
The CRF250F brings an all-new 250cc four-valve engine with Keihin electronic fuel injection for increased power. Its tubular steel frame brings improved handling, a benefit that will be appreciated by all riders. More torque and a linear power delivery mean new riders can learn at lower, less intimidating rpm, and advanced off-roaders can utilize the strong torque in technical sections.
The smooth low-end power blends seamlessly into a stronger midrange and top end, and the increase in torque at all rpm results in fewer shifts so that riders can focus more on trail challenges.
The mass-centralisation philosophy of the next generation CRF MX line up has been carried over to the new CRF250F, with the muffler positioned closer to the centre of mass.
Hot or cold, stored in the garage or stopped on the bad line up a challenging hill, the CRF250Fs EFI and electric starter fire up the engine with the touch of a button. There are no carburettor circuits to clog with fuel residue if the bike sits for extended periods.
The result is a lighter feel, intuitive responsiveness, and confidence-inspiring handling, especially on corner entrances, making it a great platform for learning while also providing capability that many riders will never outgrow.
The Pro-Link rear suspension system puts the smooth power to the ground and the Showa 41mm fork works with the new frame's steering geometry provide maximum front-wheel traction.
Braking is handled with new petal-style rotors for improved modulation, heat transfer and mud clearing and the CRF race-inspired aggressive, compact bodywork allows improved rider/machine interface.
The 6L steel fuel tank contains an internal fuel pump with a reserve level sensor; a bar-mounted "low fuel" indicator light means no more reaching down to switch the tank's petcock to reserve.
- All-new 250cc overhead-cam engine.
- All-new Keihin electronically controlled fuel injection systems delivers more linear power and easy start-up whether bike has been sitting or is hot on the trail.
- All-new tubular steel frame for a stable, nimble chassis.
- CRF MX Line philosophy of mass centralization applied to vehicle packaging.
- New 41mm fork, plus Pro-Link rear-suspension system with single shock.
- Front and rear hydraulic brakes with petal-style rotors for improved heat dissipation.
- Handlebar-mounted low-fuel and "key on" indicator lights
- CRF MX-inspired muffler with compact positioning and CRF MX-inspired bodywork and graphics.