ALL-NEW 2019 TRIUMPH SPEED TWIN
The New Performance Icon
The beautiful new 1200cc Speed Twin re-introduces a legendary Triumph name and sets a new category benchmark for how a custom roadster should ride and feel, with class leading handling and thrilling performance.
A legend re-born
Changing the face of motorcycling, the original 1938 Triumph Speed Twin, with the world’s first successful parallel twin engine packaged into a game changing chassis, was a revelation to ride. Its smooth dynamic handling and superb responsive feel established Triumph as the number one motorcycle marque globally for performance and handling, setting the template for all that followed, and earning a global reputation for being the first real ‘riders bike’.
For 2019, the all-new 1200cc Speed Twin re-introduces this illustrious Triumph name to our Modern Classics line-up, setting all over again a new standard in class-leading handling, and delivering a new benchmark for how a modern custom roadster should ride and feel.
The brand new Speed Twin carries all of the contemporary custom style of the Street Twin but adds even more beautiful premium details. It delivers all the power, torque and technology of the Thruxton R, in an even more accessible modern set-up. And, it offers all of the confidence inspiring ride and rider comfort of the Bonneville T120, but with even more engaged ergonomics.
The result, just like its iconic 20th century namesake, is a new performance icon that sets a whole new standard, with the chassis set-up, riding position, braking ability, suspension, and thrilling power delivery of a truly modern roadster.
Class leading handling
The all-new Speed Twin brings a new standard for class leading handling, with a precise, agile and dynamic modern roadster ride, and a confidence inspiring, intuitive feel.
The dedicated new frame developed from the Thruxton R delivers comfortable engaged roadster ergonomics, which combined with the high specification cartridge front forks and twin rear suspension units with adjustable spring pre-load, make for a truly unparalleled ride.
High specification twin Brembo 4-piston axial calipers on the front with twin discs, and a 2-piston floating caliper and single disc on the rear, provide excellent stopping power, complementing the motorcycle’s modern roadster character.
FIND YOUR LOCAL TEAMMOTO TRIUMPH DEALER TO LEARN MORE.
- Class leading handling
- Confidence inspiring, precise, agile and dynamic ride
- Dedicated new chassis and suspension set-up
- 10kg lighter than the Thruxton
- High specification Brembo brakes and twin discs
- ABS and switchable traction control
- Comfortable, engaged riding position with accessible low seat height and pillion capability
- Thrilling performance
- Updated 1200cc HP Bonneville twin engine with ‘Thruxton’ tune
- High power across the entire rev range, with peak output of 97PS @ 6,750 rpm
- Exhilarating torque delivery, with peak torque of 112 Nm @ 4,950 rpm
- Distinctive British twin sound from twin black upswept sports silencers
- Advanced rider technology
- Sport, Road and Rain riding modes
- LED lighting, with DRL headlight (in applicable markets)
- Torque assist clutch
- Feature packed twin clocks
- USB charging socket
- Accessory TPMS capability
- Beautifully moderncustom style
- Triumph’s timeless DNA married to a new standard in contemporary Bonneville style
- Muscular and imposing roadster poise
- 80+ custom Speed Twin accessories
- Category leading finish and detailing
- A host of beautifully designed premium features, finishes and details
- Brushed aluminium mudguards, throttle body covers, side panel finishers, heel guards and headers
- 7 spoke aluminium wheels
- Monza-style fuel cap
- Minimal rear end
- Bar end mirrors